Our Gifts to Your Child
Here is a checklist of gifts your child will experience when you register with our studio in Ajax!
- FUN: We teach that dedication, commitment and discipline can be enjoyable and that with the right environment dance is always fun.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Beyond training, dance opens a wide spectrum of social settings in which friendships are forged and dreams come true.
- HEALTH: Dancing helps the body’s circulatory system as it makes your heart pump blood faster. Dancing encourages weight control and overall fitness through calorie burn off.
- COMMUNITY: Dance brings people together. Not only are classes their own little family but our welcome extends to grandparents, siblings, and friends through performances.
- CONFIDENCE: Dancers gain self-confidence and an ability to enjoy themselves more in public settings. Watch as your child begins to speak, stand and present themselves with a growing sense of pride and confidence.
- CREATIVITY: Dance provides an emotional outlet in which a person can truly reflect his or her feelings through body movement. Allowing the dancer to start expressing themselves with passion and intentions.
- MENTAL HEALTH: It has now been proven scientifically that exercise while learning something new is great for the brain. The ability to tackle new things and conquer challenges can also be developed in the dance room and is detrimental to a healthy mental state.
See all the styles of dance that we have to offer:
Ballet - just hearing that world summons the image of graceful dancers performing Classics like Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. As the leading provider of ballet dance classes for kids in Ajax, Creative Connexions realizes that ballet forms an essential part of all types of dance. At our dance studio, your child will discover proper posture and discipline while being thought the basic and fundamentals of dance through classical ballet. It may require many hours to develop the necessary skills, but our ballet dance classes in Ajax are superior. Our highly-skilled instructor will take the time to teach your children skill needed to help them grow and dance to the best of their abilities. Our processional ballet dance studio is full equipped for students of all skill levels.
- Dancers learn the classical ballet technique.
- Each class will consist of barre work, center work and across the floor.
- Dancers will learn grace and focus.
- They will build stamina and strength.
If your child is three, four, five, or six years old, tap dancing is a great activity for them to start! Toddler tap dancing is a lot of fun and there are many benefits to the art. Kids can develop physical, social, and mental advantages from the dance that can help them start living healthy, successful, happy lives. Tap is a theatrical style of dance that requires precise rhythmic movements of the feet. Tap is extremely popular in Broadway and musical style performances throughout the world. Some famous tap dancers include: Bill “Bojangles” Robinson, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Eleanor Powell and Gregory Hines. Creative Connexions believes that this genre of dance teaches our students the vast importance of focus, co-ordination and musicality in all styles of dance.
- Dancers learn how to use their tap shoes to make rhythmic sounds with their feet.
Acro dance incorporates acrobatic movements into dance routines and is one of the more challenging dance styles to teach and to learn. We are proud and excited to teach acro dance classes in Ajax, Creative Connexions. Acro dance emboldens our dancers to be physically fit, flexible, strong, and to contort their bodies in ways that may not be immediately comfortable. This, on top of being completely disciplined in the technical aspects of the dance form, makes it a challenging, yet rewarding form of dance that can take dancers to a whole new level.
The program is based on safe and effective progressions with proven results in five divisions of AcroDance: Flexibility, Strength, Balancing, Limbering and Tumbling. Developed with input from professionals and experts in ballet, modern dance, jazz, contortion, artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, sport acrobatics, yoga, acro yoga, pilates, physiotherapy, hand balancing and more, you will not find a more comprehensive program. Simple thoughtful progressions take the beginner preschool level dancer from log rolls and summersaults to the advanced dancer tumbling effortlessly across the stage!
Jazz dancing is a blend of many dance styles and cultures. Jazz has a strong ballet base combined with African, Caribbean, Latin and Hip Hop dance. To excel in jazz dance, the dancer must master ballet technique because it consists of slower movements that strengthen the body and improve balance. Jazz dancers’ strong and sharp movements are aided by the posture and body alignment known as ballet technique. A regular Jazz class at Ajax, Creative Connexions begins with a warm-up designed to get the body moving and the brain focused. From there students will move to the barre to strengthen their technique, then a conditioning section to build muscle strength. Next is flexibility training with a series of deep stretches to be sure their muscles are completely warmed up, preventing injury. Then the fun really begins! The students are taught various steps. She/he learns how to use these steps while traveling across the studio floor or while working on choreography.
- High energy class that teaching the fundamentals of the jazz.
- Includes full body warm-up, across the floor & center movement.
- Develop musicality & enjoy the upbeat popular music used.
As one of the most popular forms of music out right now, hip hop is fun, exciting, and can lead to some dynamic dance routines. What’s also special about hip hop is that it often spawns its own dances that spread through the culture before hitting the mainstream at full force.
Your child can learn to “bust a move” by taking hip hop dance classes in Ajax, Creative Connexions. Our skilled instructors will teach your children the same moves they see dancers perform in their favourite hip hop and R&B videos. Our hip hop dance classes in Ajax are perfect to keep your child active while allowing them to express their creativity.
Hip Hop Dance Overview
The dance evolution of hip hop can almost be paired with the musical evolution of the genre. Hip hop branched off from the funk and disco music which was most popular during the 70s. The dance culture of hip hop has no set rules and no set movements that need to be followed in order for it to qualify as hip hop; this makes the dance a fun, natural stress reliever. Ironically, it can help your child improve their concentration skills even further, a trait that could benefit their education. Hip hop dance lessons are not only fun and exciting to learn but will also help keep your child physically active.
- A style of dance that evolved from the Hip Hop culture.
- Classes can consist on a variety of styles such as locking, popping and breaking.
Contemporary is designed to develop the mind, body, and spirit to be an expressive communicator through movement. It follows closely with modern style dancing and was originally developed from many different dance styles and cultures. Structured technical exercises that condition the body for strength, coordination and flexibility are developed. Dancers will be immersed in a creative environment that incorporates abstract movements such as those seen on the popular show “So You Think You Can Dance”.
- Fusion of jazz, lyrical & ballet.
- Includes warm-up, across the floor & choreography.
- Learn how to tell a story through using movement.
- Develop strength, flexibility & confidence.
Pointe technique is the part of classical ballet technique that concerns pointe work, in which a ballet dancer supports all body weight on the tips of fully extended feet within pointe shoes. A dancer is said to be en pointewhen the dancer's body is supported in this manner, and a fully extended vertical foot is said to be en pointewhen touching the floor, even when not bearing weight. Pointe work is performed while wearing pointe shoes, which employ structural reinforcing to distribute the dancer's weight load throughout the foot, thus reducing the load on the toes enough to enable the dancer to support all body weight on fully vertical feet.
Pointe technique resulted from a desire for female dancers to appear weightless and sylph-like. Although both men and women are capable of pointe work, it is most often performed by women. Extensive training and practice are required to develop the strength and technique needed for pointe work. Typically, dance teachers consider factors such as age, experience, strength and alignment when deciding whether to allow a dancer to begin pointe work.
- Dancer work on their pointe technique.
- Dancers enrolled in the pointe class must also be taking 2 hours of a regular ballet class.
*This class is invite only.